Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Staging in Miami

Today is my second day in Miami which is pretty much latin america! Everyone speaks spanish--- it's seriously the best ever. It's been non-stop info and getting to know folks. There are about 35 people heading to Ecuador either working in youth developmet or health--- The people are great- I have been getting to know so many interesting people with big hearts and eager spirits to learn and grow. I think we are all so thrilled to meet each other that making friends is really easy and fun. It was scary at first- no doubt. Tomorrow= Quito, Ecuador. Then off to Cayambe for 3 days and I move in with my host family on saturday in a smaller village outside of Cayambe. Our swearing in ceremony is slated for August 31rst and then we will be assigned to our sites and begin our work. It's incredible to think it is really about to happen! The hotel in Miami is pretty sweet and there is a great pool ( so i think that is my evening plans). Figure i gotta live it up pretty good as during training we work 6 days a week, all day----yikes. But I guess that would be the best way to learn, right? Much love to everyone!!!

1 comment:

Raj said...

Don't forget swahili.